Presented by Howard County Library System
Landlord-Tenant Law: Know Your Rights & Responsibilities
Investigator Beth Silverman of the Howard County Office of Consumer Protection will provide an informative workshop on a tenant’s rights and responsibilities. Hear about
- How to shop for a rental
- application fees and when they should be returned;
- security deposits and to what they can and cannot apply,
- differences between leases and month-to-month tenancy,
- what should be in a lease,
- how rent increases should be communicated,
- what to do if there’s a dispute with your landlord,
- early termination and eviction,
- rental scams; and
- much much more.
Please register with an email address to receive an immediate registration confirmation with a link to join the class/event. This email will also contain the dial-in information if you wish to participate by telephone.