This workshop is sponsored by the Charles County Saves Campaign, a partnership between the Charles County Public Libraries, University of MD Extension, SDM Investments, Farmers Insurance, and GT Financial Services. Light refreshments will be served.
This workshop will provide attendees with an awareness of identity theft and account fraud, teach them how to protect their information and prevent ID theft, and provide them with the knowledge and tools they need to clean up and recover from the damage if they did become fraud victims.
Seminar objectives:By the end of the seminar, attendees will understand:
• The potential damage caused by ID theft and account fraud;
• How ID theft and account fraud happen;
• How to protect their personal data and avoid becoming victims;
• How to recognize when fraud has occurred;
• What their rights are regarding responsibility for fraudulent debts and other fraudulent activity;
• What steps to take if they are, or believe them may become, a victim of identity theft; and
• What resources are available to help consumers and victims.