important financial conference for professionals in the mid-Atlantic.”
Consumer Action and Visa are hosting a regional meeting focusing on educating consumers on online and mobile banking. This continuing education training is essential for staff and volunteers of community-based organizations or other financial educators that are either offering classes on banking, money management, savings or offering asset development programs.
The training is free. Your registration must be received by April 26, 2013. You may register securely online at: http://www.regonline.com/visa-dc or fax your completed registration form to: 415-777-5267. Space is limited, so register now!
Consumer Action and Visa created the unique “Digital Dollars” module to help staff of community-based organizations and other financial educators to obtain the information and tools they need to educate their clients on how to navigate the new online and mobile economy.
The training will help you to educate people about:
• How to bank safely online or on their mobile device;
• The different types of financial transactions that are possible with a mobile device;
• How to decide whether to bank and pay bills on their mobile device; and
• How to protect their assets and their privacy while banking and paying bills online and on the go.
At the training, you will receive:
• A copy of the Digital Dollars training module that includes multilingual brochures, lesson plan with activities and a PowerPoint presentation that you can easily incorporate into your existing educational program. To preview the Digital Dollars module, visit: http://consumer-action.org/modules/module_digital_dollars;
• Financial literacy publications; and
• Opportunities to network with representatives from other community-based organizations working on community education.
By the end of the day, you will have vital information on online and mobile banking and mobile payments to add to your financial or community education program.
Your commitment to us: All we ask of you in return for the training is that you provide us with critical feedback we need to improve our work and that you share what you learn with members of your community.
Join us for an interactive day of professional development
Date: Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Location: Washington Marriott Wardman Park
2660 Woodley Road NW Washington, DC 20008*
Registration: 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Meeting: 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* No travel budget? No problem. As a nonprofit organization, we understand that community agencies have limited travel and education budgets. Consumer Action will provide hotel accommodations at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park for participants who live more than 75 miles from the meeting site. If you are driving, we will reimburse you for mileage in your car at 56.5¢/mile and $36 for self-parking. If you are not driving, we will provide you with a $25 travel stipend.
If you have any questions, please call Audrey Perrott or Tasneem Pitalwala at 800-999-7981.